Sunday, August 18, 2013

Meal plan: August 18th - 24th, 2013

Good morning, everyone! Yea, I know. I haven't written a post in over a month and instead of an explanation, I just decide to share this week's meal plan?! Haha. I have been meaning to write, but everytime I sit down to do so, I get busy with other things. It's not a good excuse, but it's what I got. My summer work schedule is much different than it is during the school year, James and I went on a mini vacation to San Antonio (I will share pictures soon!), and I have been busy with my Paparazzi business. Plus, I have been spending 2+ hours at the dog park every night with my new neighbor friends and our pups. :) But school is about to start back up, and my routine will be somewhat back to "normal."

Well, I'll just get right to it. Here's what is on the menu at the Biddinger home for this week!

Sunday: Chicken Enchiladas (I recently got this recipe from a friend who RAVED about them. I will share the recipe after I try it myself!)

Monday: Leftovers (James switches to nights, and I work from 7:15am-4:30pm. We probably won't even see each other this day)

Tuesday: Sloppy Joes 

Wednesday: Rice with ground sausage & cheese casserole

Thursday: Chili Cheese Dogs

Friday: Subway (I work all day and have a vendor event early Saturday morning. I figured I'd give myself a break from the kitchen and enjoy some nice sandwiches loaded with veggies. :) )

Saturday: Not sure. I don't know when we will be getting home from the event in Galveston. (James is going with me!) I have some soup in the freezer we could thaw out. We'll just play this day by ear. 

We recently received a $100 Visa giftcard from rent.com for putting them down as a referral when we moved into our apartment. It was going to expire in October, so I decided to go ahead and use it so I didn't forget. I ended up only paying $1.06 of my own cash for this week's groceries! Very exciting. :) When making the menu, I was trying to utilize what we already had (hamburger meat, hot dogs, etc) while taking our schedules into consideration. When James is on nights, I try to cook "quieter" meals so I don't wake him. It's what works for us. :) I am excited that he will be joining me at my event. He's never been to one with me, because he is normally working. But he is off and it should be a fun day. The event will benefit the Galveston Food Bank, and each vendor booth will have some sort of activity. I am going to have yarn and macaroni noodles/beads for the kids to make necklaces with at my booth. I can hardly wait!

Well, I better finish this second cup of coffee so I can take the dogs out to play for a bit. I hope everyone's having a wonderful weekend!

xox Amber


No comments:

Post a Comment