Friday, April 5, 2013

Homemade Lasagna

Good morning, everyone! I promised to share this lasagna recipe if it turned out share-worthy. I made it last night for dinner, and it was delicious! So, here it is. :)

Homemade Lasagna



Ingredients:

-1 lb Ground beef (or ground deer, which is what I used) 
-6 Lasagna/Lasagne Noodles (both terms mean the same thing)- Get the kind that says "No boiling required" so that you don't have to add an unnecessary step
-1 bottle Prego's Tomato Basil Garlic pasta sauce (or your own preferred sauce)
-Ricotta, Shredded Mozarella & Parmesan Cheeses
-Italian Seasoning

**Note: I didn't measure Italian Seasoning or cheeses. I kind of "eyeballed" it. Use your judgement. :) I can say that I still have everything that I need to make another lasagna, minus the pasta sauce (our freezer is currently stocked with frozen deer meats)**


Step 1: Brown & Drain meat while oven is preheating to 375 degrees


Step 2: Stir in pasta sauce and about 1 tsp Italian Seasoning & add 1/3 meat mixture to bottom of a lightly greased casserole dish

Step 3: Carefully spread the Ricotta Cheese on 3 noodles, place side-by-side on top of meat, and sprinkle with Mozzarella Cheese

Step 4: Add another layer of 1/3 meat mixture & repeat Step 3

Step 5: Pour remaining 1/3 meat mixture on top & sprinkle with Mozarella

Step 6: Cover with two layers aluminum foil & bake on 375 for 40-45 minutes. Uncover & cook an additional 7-10 minutes.


Top with Parmesan Cheese & enjoy with a side of garlic bread (I made my own). Yum!

If you try this recipe, please comment below to let me know how it turned out!

Happy Friday, y'all!

♥ Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment