Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Homemade Chicken Pot Pie Recipe

Good morning, everyone! I hope everyone's day is off to a wonderful start! As promised, here is the Homemade Chicken Pot Pie recipe that I use (which I got from my mother in law). It is so yummy! I'll get right to it.

Homemade Chicken Pot Pie

Ingredients:
3 chicken breasts
1 can cream of chicken
1 can cream of celery
2 regular cans of mixed veggies/Veg-all OR 1 large (28 oz) can
1 1/4 - 2 cups* chicken broth (**see tip below)
salt & pepper to taste
1/2 cup OR 1 stick of butter
1 cup milk
1 cup self-rising flour

Step One:

Preheat oven to 350
Boil & shred chicken breast 
**Keep water to use as chicken broth



Step Two:

Mix together chicken, cream of chicken, cream of celery, mixed veggies/Veg-All, chicken broth, salt & pepper. (I do not drain veggies. The recipe called for 1 1/2 - 2 cups broth, but I use closer to 1 1/4.) Pour into greased casserole dish.


Step Three:

Combine melted butter, milk, and flour. Mix well & pour over the top of the chicken mixture. (Note: not every inch needs to be covered)


Step Four:

Bake on 350 for about an hour or until top is golden brown. Let cool & enjoy!

When this was cooling, I decided to go ahead and run to the grocery store. Apparently I left the lid to this Pyrex casserole dish a little too close to the counter's ledge & this is what I came home to find:


Nice, huh? Cash knew he was in trouble immediately when I picked it off the floor. This is my favorite and most used Pyrex dish! Oh well, at least he didn't get the Chicken Pot Pie! :-P

Have a great day, y'all!

♥ Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment