Friday, March 29, 2013

Crockpot Sausage, Potatoes, & Green Beans


Happy Good Friday, everyone! Today I wanted to share a super easy recipe that I tried out yesterday for crockpot sausage, potatoes, and green beans. I actually made this for lunch, since James was on night shift and wouldn't be home for dinner. I like to prep crockpot meals the night before, when possible, to make my mornings even smoother. So, as I was cooking dinner the night before, I peeled and cut the potatoes and cut up the sausage. I stored them in the fridge overnight (in 2 separate gallon ziplock bags) so I could just dump them in the crockpot in the morning. The kitchen was smelling so good and when lunchtime rolled around, I was ready to dig in! James and I both liked it, so I thought I'd share with y'all. 

1 package smoked sausage (we used deer)
5 potatoes
2 cans of green beans
1 package Lipton "Recipe Secrets" onion soup mix
1 to 2 cups chicken broth (optional)

Peel and cut the potatoes, cut up the sausage into bite size chunks, drain the green beans, and put all ingredients in crockpot. Pour onion soup mix on top.  Add a cup or two of chicken broth if desired, then add water until veggies and meat are covered. Give a quick stir, and cook on high for about 4-5 hours, or low for 6-8 (or until potatoes are tender).

This made quite a bit, so we have plenty of leftovers. We will eat on it the next couple of days and if there is still enough left, I will freeze it to have another night for an even quicker and easier meal. If you try it, please make sure to comment below and tell me how you liked it! 

I hope everyone has a great Friday!

Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment