Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter! Chocolate Covered "Carrot" Strawberries

Happy Easter, everyone! I am so thankful that Jesus died for my sins way before I was even born. Oh, how much He loves us! Today is extra special, because it's also James's birthday! :) 

Last night I made some Chocolate Covered Strawberries that look like carrots! 

Here's what I did:



Ingredients: Washed strawberries with tops still on, white baker's chocolate, and red and yellow food coloring



Place all 6 chocolate squares into a microwave safe bowl. (note: using a smaller bowl would have been helpful, for easier dipping) Microwave for about 2 minutes, or until almost melted. Stir until completely melted.


Add food coloring until achieving desired orange color. I used 3 drops of yellow for every 2 drops of red. I would add the 5 drops, mix, then repeat until I was satisfied with the results. Next time, I will add a bit more-- once the strawberries set, the orange color had faded a bit.

Dip the strawberries into the chocolate, careful not to get any on the tops. I was holding them by the tops to dip them, and a few of the tops tried to come off, so be careful.

Place the covered strawberries on a wax paper-covered cookie sheet and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes. I got busy with some other things, so I let mine sit in there for 30-45 minutes. Then, I arranged them in a dish, covered it with plastic wrap, and stored in the fridge.

If I slowed down a bit and took my time, I probably could have made these look better. I still thought they looked pretty cute. What do you think?




♥ Amber




No comments:

Post a Comment