Saturday, March 30, 2013

Meal Plan March 31 - April 6th, 2013

Hey y'all! I'll make this a quick one. I've been busy in the kitchen this evening and am ready to call it a night. Here's what I have on the menu for this coming week. Remember, if you see anything listed that you'd like the recipe for, comment below & I'll be sure to post it.



Meal Plan for March 31 - April 6

Sunday- Dinner at James's parents. Turkey, creamed corn, green beans, potato salad, key lime pie, cookie cake.. oh my! My mother in law is doing the cooking, but James and I are going to bring "diablo shrimp," which are bacon wrapped jalapenos stuffed with shrimp and cream cheese. James & the guys at his work had these the other night and (knowing how much I love jalapenos) James brought me home a few to try. Delicious!! I think they'd make a good appetizer. 

Monday- Meatball subs & a veggie (or goldfish, cheez-its, or sweet potato fries. We'll see what sounds good when that day rolls around)

Tuesday- Homemade lasagna

Wednesday- Smoked sausage, slow-cooked lima beans, homemade cornbread

Thursday- Chicken pot pie We ended up having so many left overs this past week, we bumped this from our menu over to this week so the food didn't go to waste. I still ended up freezing some of the leftovers! It's hard cooking for 2 people sometimes. :-P

Friday- Leftovers

Saturday- Leftovers or chili (in freezer) or grilled cheese & tomato soup

I have never made homemade lasagna, so I will be sure to put up the recipe I am using if it turns out worth sharing. (Update: Lasagna Recipe added here) I also tried to find a ham hock to put in the lima beans, but couldn't find one at the grocery store today. Going to go research some alternatives. Any suggestions?

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Easter weekend!

♥ Amber




No comments:

Post a Comment